Wire Rope Packages
QX® Modular Crane Packages are pre-engineered, complete crane component packages utilizing cutting edge technology. Variable frequency drives are standard on trolley and bridge motions for smooth starts and stops. Plug-in cabling* and bolted structural connections simplify assembly. QX® Modular Crane Packages are equipped with your choice of C-track festoon system or the new NRGmaster electrification system.
* Plug-in connections not available for all packages. Refer to the Spacemaster® SX Technical Guide.
1/2 - 80 Ton (500 - 80,000 kg) Capacities
About Wire Rope Packages
QX® BRIDGE CONTROLS STANDARD FEATURES:
- Standard inverter offers two speed or 2-step infinitely variable speed control
- CSA c/us approved NEMA 4 type rated control enclosures
- Mainline disconnect switch (mounted in door)
- Mainline contactor
- Plug-in connections for easy assembly and maintenance*
- 115 Volt transformer with fused secondary
- Supports 208, 230, 460 or 575/3/60 power supplies, as well as 380/3/50. Control voltage for all power supplies is 115 volt (48 volt is optional)
QX® FESTOON SYSTEMS:
- PVC flat cables are UL listed and CSA approved with a temperature range of -31ºF to +221ºF (-35ºC to +105ºC)
- Suspended from galvanized steel C-track
- Galvanized steel cable trolleys with steel and plastic cable supports
- Plug connections* on cables make installation, repair and replacement simple and fast, saving expensive down time and the cost of an electrician
- All movements can be controlled from a convenient, easy-to-reach plug-in pushbutton station
- Independent C-track for pendant station allows operator to be positioned at a safe distance from load
* Plug-in connections not available for all packages. Refer to the Spacemaster® SX Technical Guide
NEW PRQ PENDANT:
The new standard 3-motion pendant for use with QX modular crane packages featuring the Spacemaster SX wire rope hoist and the QL Modular crane packages featuring the LK electric chain hoist. Innovated options such as a magnet attached directly to the enclosure provide a means to secure the pendant when not in use.
PRQ PENDANT STANDARD FEATURES:
- Pistol-grip style for hoist motion; diamond shape pushbuttons for travel motions
- Emergency Stop - push to maintain, pull to release
- Pushbutton contacts for all motions are 2-steps and mechanically interlocked
- ANSI direction symbols (UP/DOWN, EAST/WEST, NORTH/SOUTH)
- Pendant has the CE Mark and UL Component Mark (file E360408)
PRQ PENDANT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Operating voltage - 48VAC, 115VAC and 230VAC
- Contact rating - 5A 48VAC, 3A 125VAC, 2A 250VAC
- Service life - Mechanical durability: 1,000,000 cycles; Electrical durability 500,000 cycles
- Operating frequency - Mechanical: 1,200 times per hour; Electrically: 1,200 times per hour
- Protection class - IP55, NEMA TYPE 4
PRQ PENDANT OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- 6 button or 10 button housing
- DIN or SFS direction symbols
- Pilot lamp
Additional control elements:
- Key switch
- Selector switch
- Restricted area bypass
- Micro speed
- 2-step load limiter
- Operating limit bypass
- Motorized hook
SPACEMASTER® HOIST CLEARANCES = SAVINGS IN NEW CONSTRUCTION
- Unmatched Clearances - The floor area under your new crane can now be used more efficiently. Better hook to wall dimensions (A) compared to the competition.
- Lower roof heights/maximum lifting heights - Your new building design can be smaller and more functional giving you savings in initial construction. Better hook to ceiling dimensions (H) compared to the competition.
- Lower operating costs - Continual savings in heating and/or air conditioning expenses over the lifetime of your building.
- Maximum flexibility - Factory layout and material flow planning is optimized.
SPACEMASTER® WIRE ROPE HOISTS PRODUCT OVERVIEW
The Spacemaster® SX hoist represents a revolutionary new generation of exceptionally reliable electric wire rope hoists, featuring advanced technology and cutting-edge performance. An innovative design that includes a large drum diameter gives Spacemaster® SX hoists the lowest headrooms and best wheel loads in the industry while providing near true vertical lift with single reeved hoists, and both exceptional hook approaches and heights of lift.
Unique hoist features include new low maintenance, sealed brakes, a two-speed hoist motor, and trolley inverter control. The standard hoist nameplate will carry a CSA c/us rating as well as a NEMA 3R rating for electrical enclosures. Two-component epoxy paint is standard. Spacemaster® SX hoists are designed to meet and exceed either ASME H3 or ASME H4 duty (FEM 1Am, 2m, or 3m) ratings and provide the ultimate in easy load handling, safe operation and lasting, trouble-free performance.
Standard electric wire rope hoist configurations include normal headroom, low headroom and double girder trolley designs. Hoists in short ton ratings (ASME) or
metric ratings (FEM) meet a wide variety of application requirements:
- 1/2 - 80 ton (500 - 80,000 kg) capacities
- Lifts starting at 13ft (4m) to 320ft (100m) and beyond
- Lifting speed range 10/1.5 to 62/10 fpm (3/0.5 - 19/3 m/min)
- 208, 230, 460, 575/3/60 or 380/3/50 power supply
- Single-reeved or double-reeved
EASE OF OPERATION
Large-diameter hoist drum means easy positioning, closer approaches.
The larger drum diameter provides near true vertical lift with a single reeved hoist — only 1/8" drift per foot of lift. The result is exceptionally smooth movement and fast load positioning. This innovative design also means a shorter frame length, allowing closer end approaches.
Hoist and trolley motors designed for space savings and productivity.
Standard two-speed hoist motor (6:1 ratio), designed specifically for hoisting applications, offers high starting torque and ensures precise and reliable load handling.
The hoist motor is class F insulated, 30 minute rated (60% effective duty), thermally protected and totally enclosed.
The trolley motor's standard invertor control offers two-speed multi-step or infinitely variable speed control for smooth acceleration and deceleration,
minimal load swing, fast, efficient handling and accurate load placement.
Standard safety features that competitors don't offer — or offer at extra cost. An electromechanical load limit switch prevents the lifting of loads that are in excess of 110% of rated capacity. The 4-position hoist limit switch includes an innovative phase mismatch protection circuit that prevents the block from running up and damaging the hoist in the event of phase reversal.
Sealed brakes, hardened ground gears, thermal motor protection, exceptional rope life and ergonomic hook block design with sturdy safety latch contribute to the hoist's safe operation and increased reliability.
Sealed brakes mean long-term value.
Sealed dust-proof brakes on the trolley and hoist motors require little adjustment for over a million cycles and will last the life of the hoist under normal use.
Trolley design reduces wear on components.
The trolley drive is totally enclosed, grease lubricated and is designed to be maintenance-free. Trolley wheel bearings are permanently lubricated. The automatic disc brake and inverter control help extend the life of the motor and other components, which means less maintenance, less downtime, lower repair costs — and reduced cost over the lifetime of your hoist equipment.
Innovative gearbox provides dependable operation and extends equipment life.
The innovative gear case design reduces stress on drum bearings, reducing the need for maintenance while extending component life. It features hardened and ground internal reduction gears driving an external drum gear located on the inner surface of the rope drum. The gearbox's semi-fluid grease lubrication also helps to extend its working life. The gear case is designed to run cooler and more efficiently than those equipped with a mechanical load brake.
Larger hoist drum minimizes rope wear and enhances cooling.
A drum/rope diameter ratio of approximately 40:1 minimizes rope flex, reducing wear and extending rope life. The drum's large diameter also contributes to a reduction in frame size and weight, reducing wear on hoist components and enabling the use of more cost-effective crane girders. The unique placement of the hoist motor inside the drum provides directed airflow through the drum for optimal motor cooling. This design also makes the motor and brake more easily accessible.