About End Trucks
End trucks carry the hoist and crane up and down the crane runway. R&M end trucks and bridge drives are available in a variety of top and underrunning configurations that are custom-designed to fit your crane's application.
RTN & RSN Top Running End Trucks
- Mates with GES Bridge Drives
- Heavy-duty tube or box construction
- Double flanged wheels
- Rotating axle drive wheel
- Standard wheels are flat tread ductile iron (approx. 280 BHN)
- Standard rail sweeps and bumpers
- Bolted structural connection plates
- Single girder, double girder and bogie trucks available
RU & RH Underrunning End Trucks
- Mates with GEK Bridge Drives
- Individual trucks adjustable for various flange widths
- Constructed of structural steel
- Patented track wheel option
- Ductile iron, single flange crown tread wheels (approx. 280 BHN)
- Easy access to wheels for maintenance
- Permanently lubricated anti-friction bearings
- Equipped with bumpers and drop lugs
About Bridge Drives
Bridge drives control the motion of the end trucks along the crane’s runway. R&M's GES (top running) and GEK (underrunning) bridge drives achieve smooth acceleration and braking by using a variable frequency drive (VFD), which comes standard. Brake life is optimized as the inverter controls the speed of the motor to a stop before the brake sets. Motor and gear pairs are specially designed in-house for crane applications to ensure maximum efficiency and many years of trouble-free operation.
Our GEK & GES Bridge Drives Features:
- Modular design includes gearbox, motor and brake for ease of maintenance
- Totally enclosed, Class F, 30-minute inverter duty or two-speed motors
- Motor brakes with asbestos-free friction material
- Brakes are normally closed – if power fails, brakes will stop further travel
- Anti-friction bearings support all internal bearings in the gearbox, extending bearing life
- Output shaft utilizes external spline connections for increased durability
Ready to improve the lifecycle of your equipment and the efficiency of your operations? Find a distributor near you.
Use our Crane Designer tool for an instant recommendation of crane and hoist components that will help you rise above the competition.